195 Stoke Poges Lane, Slough, SL1 3LU
New York Office:
525 Broadway, New York 10012
New Delhi Office:
7A Hansalaya Building, 15 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi 110 001
By far the most important of the ingredients is the team is distributed working. Not everyone can work in a remote environment. Not everyone can manage a remote environment. Therefore, it's important to assemble a team who is capable of executing in a remote environment.
RUNNING A REMOTELY MANAGED TEAM
Here’s what we think it entails and makes you a right fit:
1. Hire Doers: Doers will get stuff done even if they are in Timbuktu. You don't have to give doers tasks to know that something will get done. You'll still have to provide direction and guidance around the most important things to be executed, but in the absence of that, a doer will make something happen.
3. Trust the people you hire: The flip side of this is you also need to exhibit trust with the people you hire. As a manager, you need to learn to manage by expectations rather than by "butts in seat," so make sure you can show trust in those you hire.
5. Hire people who are ok without a social workplace: It'll be important to try to create some social aspects with a remote team. But the truth of the matter is that remote workplaces are usually less social than co-located ones. People on remote teams need to be ok with that. And the best remote workers will thrive in this type of environment.
2. Hire people you can trust: Remote work stops working when you can't trust the person on the other end of the line. If you continually find yourself worrying what someone is doing, then you are spending brain cycles focusing on something other than the product. Trust is key.
4. Hire people who can write: In a co-located office, a lot of information is shared in-person. In a remote situation, everything is shared via written communication. Communication is one of the most important parts of remote team. Therefore, good writers are valuable.
FQ is truly a world pioneer in the travel technology space.
You guys did a fantastic job bringing all our various product offerings together.
The speed of your turnaround dramatically helped us meet crucial seasonal cycles to meet our company's sales targets.